@CHIP-RTOS C Library - TCP/IP API
This function can be used to find the (canonical) domain name
associated with a host by one of its IPv4 addresses via the Domain Name
The operating system manages a DNS cache. Thus it is save to call this
function each time you need the respective domain name. The function
will not issue another request to the name server before the cached
name has expired.
short getHostByAddr( struct in_addr far *address,
char far *domainName );
- Pointer to the host's IP address of type
- Pointer to a buffer where the function is to store the domain name; A
domain name can be up to 254 characters long. Adding one byte for the
trailing zero byte of the string, the buffer must have a size of at
least 255 bytes.
- Zero in case of success or negative
- DNS queries consume a relative large part of your task's stack.
- This library function invokes a RTOS software interrupt.
Refer to the RTOS API function
for more details.
Supported since or modified in @CHIP-RTOS version
Supported by @CHIP-RTOS C Library since version
This API List
List of C Libraries
@CHIP-RTOS Main Index
End of document