Release Notes – SC2x3 @CHIP-RTOS-PPC V1.00 Beta
The V1.00 Beta is the initial version of the RTOS-PPC for the SC2x3 targets.
Compared to the SC2x/SC1x3 RTOS V1.23 the following things have been added or changed.
- New executable format *.bex
- Memory protection mechanisms through use of Memory Management Unit (MMU).
Supervisor mode privileges for RTOS code and user mode privileges for applications.
- No memory gap problem through use of virtual memory.
- EXTIDE driver, Debugger-Probe and text editor are built-into the RTOS-PPC.
- Enhanced RTOS functionalities (Priority inheritance type of resource semaphores, periodic and time limited tasks etc.).
- fpinit() function for floating-point initialization in tasks no longer needed, because of hardware floating-point unit.
- ONE-Workbench C/C++ compiler is required for developing applications.
- Endianess has changed from Little-Endian to Big-Endian.
- Size of int type has changed from 16 Bit to 32 Bit.
- Data structure alignment has changed from Byte-Alignment to the rules of the Embedded Application Binary Interface (EABI).
- A few API functions are no longer supported. Some API groups like the Hardware API, CAN API and the Packet API are incompatible.
- No software interrupt interface, compatibility is provided only over the CLIB.
- No USB device mode.
- No separate I/O address space, I/Os are always memory mapped.
- Default task priorities have changed.
- STDIO channel names have been renamed.
- Added some new shell commands, some hardware commands are no longer available, like 'PCS'.
- Added some new CHIP.INI sections and entries.
- The SSH server has now a default RSA key and the default user name and password 'ssh'.
- The FTP server allows more than one connection.
- The FTP server provides a virtual root directory that lists all available drives.
- The FTP server supports SSL connections (FTPS support).
- Added a CHIP.INI safe mode setting.
- Provide BSD4.4 compatibility mode.
Copyright © 2009 Beck IPC GmbH